Kokomo Humane Society Careers & Employment Opportunities
Animal Care Kennel Attendant (Part-Time)
Are you a reliable, hardworking animal lover? The Animal Care Attendant position is a crucial part of the Kokomo Humane Society’s mission.
- MUST love dogs, cats, and animals
- Provide compassionate care for domestic animals, exotic animals, and wildlife as needed
- Clean animal cages and kennels in accordance with established procedures
- Monitor cage and kennel cleanliness
- Maintain public hallways and corridors
- Feed shelter animals and provide water as scheduled
- Groom animals and assist with pet recreation
- Wash shelter pet laundry
Contact Kokomo Humane Society for more information on this position.
Our animal shelter operates seven days a week. This position is from 8 am to 12 pm.
The Animal Care Kennel Assistant position involves exposure to dust, moisture, strong odors, and high noise levels.
Your work requires physical exertion, including:
- Standing for long periods
- Bending often to interact with shelter animals
- Lifting animals averaging 50 pounds
- Carrying food and litter bags
- Transporting wet and dry laundry loads
WARNING: You will be exposed to dozens of adorable and loving pets who want love.
Starting wage: $10.00 per hour
SCHEDULING FLEXIBILITY AND WEEKEND/HOLIDAY AVAILABILITY PREFERRED.