Welcome, The Kokomo Humane Society provides our community with services and programs such as pet adoptions, humane education and volunteer opportunities. We also engage in animal cruelty investigation, 24 hour emergency service, and enforcement of local ordinances.
No maximum stay time
We want to give adoptable animals every opportunity to find a good home. Therefore, we do not have a maximum holding time. We keep pets available for adoption as long as they stay healthy and we have space.
We are Hiring!
Position: Animal Care Kennel Attendant
We are looking for someone who is reliable, hardworking and, of course, love animals! This position is a vital part of our organization and some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide care to all animals (domestic (MUST like DOGS & CATS) , exotic, and wildlife)
- Clean animal cages and kennels in accordance with established procedures; monitors the cleanliness of cages and kennels throughout the day, sweep and mop the public hallways and corridors of the Shelter as necessary.
- Feed, water, groom and exercise animals according to prescribed schedules and regimens.
- The Animal Care Attendants also do laundry
Work is performed in an animal shelter that operates seven days a week, with exposure to conditions such as dust, wetness, odors, high noise level, etc. Work require physical exertion such as, but not limited to, standing, bending often to interact with animals, lifting animals of all shapes and sizes, with an average weight of 50 pounds, lifting bags of litter and food, etc.
There is also exposure to friendly, loving animals in need of your affection!
To download a job application click on the following link: Kennel Attendant Application
KHS VIP CLUB-Free Sign Up!
Become a KHS VIP member and receive:
- Free online subscriptions to our newsletter
- KHS latest updates
- Microchip coupons
- Upcoming event information
Delivered right to your inbox!