Foster families are beneficial to the shelter, providing temporary homes for animals with minor health needs, animals in need of simple training or mothers with litters too young to adopt. Our foster families provide extra care to animals that cannot necessarily be provided at the shelter. Foster animals often find homes quickly because of the extra care and training they have had through fostering. Consider having one of our furry friends as a guest in your home/pet bed and breakfast. KHS will provide you with the supplies you need to successfully care for our animals. Foster parent applicants must live in Howard county and be the owner/renter of a home.
Steps to become a...
How do I become a foster parent?
1. Complete the online KHS Foster Care Application/ Foster Parent Agreement.
2. Once your application is approved we will contact you to set up an appointment. Please allow us few days to review your application. We appreciate your patience!
If you can't be part of the foster program but wish to make donations please visit our Amazon Wishlists below and have everything delivered directly to our doors!
Spring Meowers Wishlist
General Donations Wishlist
You can also drop off donations Monday-Friday 12-5 pm using our intake doors facing Hoffer St.
We Thank you in advance!
The Dogs Day Out Program
We are looking for volunteers to help give our dogs a break from the kennel
Our Dogs Day Out Program Can:
- Provide our canines a daytime break from the shelter life
- Enable our supporters to enjoy a dog without a full-time commitment
- Provide us with valuable information to best match our dogs with their future homes
For more information please contact us at 765-452-6224 Ext. 4 or read the information below.
Dog Day Out Volunteer Instructions
Dog Day Out Waiver