Career- We are Hiring!
> Position: Animal Care Kennel Attendant
We are looking for someone who is reliable, hardworking and, of course, love animals! This position is a vital part of our organization and some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide care to all animals (domestic (MUST like DOGS & CATS) , exotic, and wildlife)
- Clean animal cages and kennels in accordance with established procedures; monitors the cleanliness of cages and kennels throughout the day, sweep and mop the public hallways and corridors of the Shelter as necessary.
- Feed, water, groom and exercise animals according to prescribed schedules and regimens.
- The Animal Care Attendants also do laundry
Work is performed in an animal shelter that operates seven days a week, with exposure to conditions such as dust, wetness, odors, high noise level, etc. Work require physical exertion such as, but not limited to, standing, bending often to interact with animals, lifting animals of all shapes and sizes, with an average weight of 50 pounds, lifting bags of litter and food, etc.
There is also exposure to friendly, loving animals in need of your affection!
- MUST HAVE FLEXIBILITY IN SCHEDULING AND BE AVAILABLE TO WORK HOLIDAYS AND WEEKENDS. This position hours are from 8am to 12pm.
To download a job application click on the following link: Kennel Attendant Application
>Position: Maintenance Technician
To Apply click HERE
We are Hiring!
Front Office Position at Kokomo Humane Society
Looking to hire a reliable, patient, and friendly person who has a love for animals! This position is a very important part of our organization. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet each customer with a pleasant, welcoming attitude and assist them appropriately
- Provide friendly and knowledgeable service, answering questions in a professional manner and deferring to staff if guidance is needed.
- Process adoptions, animal Intakes, handle cash and credit cards transactions and provide receipts for all transactions
- Fulfill tasks as directed by staff members such as: scheduling veterinarian appointments for shelter animals or adopted animals
-Must be 18 or older
-Must be available to work Saturdays. Working hours are generally from 12pm-5pm.
-Must be able to professionally represent the Kokomo Humane Society to the public in a friendly manner
-Must be able to effectively communicate both in speech and writing
- Must be able to function well under pressure and tense or emotional situations
- Must have good working knowledge of computers
- Must have experience in multitasking and handling a BUSY office setting
- Must be in good health.
Any allergic condition that would be aggravated by exposure or through contact with animals or chemicals used to sanitize facility is a disqualification.
Please stop by to drop off your resume.